Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Pimlico Shrug

I finished this awhile back, but I am posting about it now because I don't have any fascinating insights to share. This pattern is from Knit 2 Together by Tracy Ullman and Mel Clark. I liked the pattern; it's good for a beginner, as it's like a sweater but requires no shaping. The ribbing gets awfully repetitive, but in the end it's worth it. There were modifications, of course, because patterns are merely SUGGESTIONS of what MIGHT HAPPEN. I didn't knit a full 34" in length--I stopped at 28" and it's plenty long.

Knit in Berrocco Alpaca, a lovely and much more reasonably-priced alternative to Koigu's Kersti.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I swear my ass doesn't look that robust in person. But maybe that's the advantage of not being able to actually look at it: I can just pretend it looks exactly the same as when I was 18.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hallo Gina,
wie geht´s???

The picture looks like Gina Polidoro, my roommate at Berkeley.

Hi Gina, is it you??
If so, please write to ellenwalliser@web.de
Yours Ellen